Total Pageviews

Monday, September 22, 2008

THE FROST IS ON THE PUMPKIN

I have a disease!

It tends to follow me wherever I go. I don't think that it is contagious though.

I LOVE TO decorate. I decorate inside. I decorate outside. My mind just starts to race...there is no rhyme nor reason....if there is an empty space...a blank wall I just have to "go there"

It's fall
One of my favorite times to exercise my sickness.
I find that children and adults alike will enjoy your efforts.
Now certainly you do not need to go to the lengths and breaths that I go to BUT how about making your entrance way welcoming with some fallish items.

A Simple weath of colored leaves on the door...a potted mum
a stack of cornstalks with a pumpkin or two perhaps even a haybale
Buy a scented candle and light it before everyone comes home at nite.
Collect some colored leaves and strew them on the table or put them in a bowl (you can have the kids replentish these as they dry)

My little ones loved the peel and stick decorations found at the grocery or department store. Or use the fall poster pictures that can be hung on the windows or walls.


By the way....have you ever made homemade applesauce??

If you have a food mill...wash apples (cortland or macs are the best)
cut in quarters, seeds and all, and put in a covered pot with just a skim of water in the bottom. Start on high until boiling and then turn it down and let it simmer until apples are mush and ready to put through the mill. I use a Foley Food Mill

If you do not have a mill peel and core apples, cut in quarters and follow the above directions This will be a lighter sauce but still will taste yummy.

Sweeten the cooked sauce with a little sugar and perhaps a sprinkle of cinnamon.
The family will love it cold or hot and its also great over icecream! I personally love it with graham crackers for a snack. Yum
Enjoy
Blessings
Marnie

No comments: