Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's too BIG I just can't tackle it!!

Mom's I want you to hear this. When you are facing a HUGH training time with your child..ie: getting them to stay in bed, potty training, getting rid of the pacifier etc.. the tendency is to believe that you are now going to embark on the

Never Ending Journey.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

Once you make up YOUR mind to begin and follow through...there WILL be an end and it will be MUCH sooner than you think.

I've seen too many of you deflate during the counsel of discipline. "I just don't have the energy", " I just can't take that kind of time", "You don't know my child" "You make it sound much easier than I know that it is going to be"!!

My word to you: get rested,...think it through, get all involved on the same page, set a time and BEGIN

Don't let the task scare you....You CAN do it! These principles DO work. You CAN WIN!

I remember a friend sitting in my living room and saying to me (as she watched me with all my little ones) "I just don't know how you do it...I don't think I could ever handle it etc etc etc"

It was funny to me as she had just finished telling me how she had gone shopping with her two young sons and how they had run all over the store, in and out or racks, up and down and in and out. I must admit I was exhausted just hearing the story!!

I remember thinking #1 how I would never let that happen...and if it ever BEGAN to happen it would STOP right about the time that it started!!! #2 I would much rather take the time to teach and train a child in a lasting principle rather than try to "catch a runaway train!!!! and #3 how I then and there appreciated my children's behavior and how far we had come in the trainingl of obedience!

So all of that to say this. NO MORE EXCUSES MOM Do yourself a favor and dive in and iron out the wrinkles in your parenting skills and behaviors (or lack there of) of your children).

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! Drop me a note and tell me how its working!

Blessings
Marnie

No comments: