Total Pageviews

Monday, January 14, 2008

#25 Is the honeymoon over????

Ok, today I'm going to ask you to do something perhaps difficult and maybe a little scary!

GO AND LOOK IN THE MIRROR!

NOW
Ok, so what do you see? I mean take a real assessment.
Have you gotten out of your PJs? Is your hair combed and neat? Do you have at least minimal makeup?

How about your home? Is it neat? If someone stopped in without calling would you be comfortable? Is your bedroom neat, bed made, clothes put away? Are your children dressed and ready for the day. Remember that this is training ground.

When your husband comes home from work...are the children clean? Is there something cooking for supper? Do you look like the woman he wanted to marry?

Now some of you might think that this is old school and perhaps even legalistic. I think not. It is just good sense. It's good for you, your children and your relationship with your husband.

Please don't look at it like another chore. When I get up in the morning (now and when I had little kids) first I took the 3 minutes it takes to make the bed ( Did you know that your bedroom instantly looks cleaner when the bed is made) and then I go and make myself "presentable". It will usually be the last time I get to look in the mirror for the day so I try to get it done before the day begins.:)

Map out your day. Put some thought into it. Decide what you will have for supper before 10AM so that you can prepare ahead and have whatever thawed etc. Maybe you could even make a dessert!

Now I know that there are those "days" but they are not everyday. If you are a stay at home mom this is your job...so do it well. If dad comes home late have the kids fed and bathed so that after a book with dad they can go to bed and you can have some quite time with your husband.

Honestly, today at Walmart I saw some women that made me wonder if they had just given up on themselves...pajama pants, no makeup, hair not even combed and I dare not go further. I would not want my husband to look like a slob and I believe that he feels the same about me!

So ladies...DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR.... take a few minutes for yourself and EVERYONE will feel better (even the people at Walmart!!)

Blessings
Marnie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.