Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ingraining an Attitude of Gratitude

Have you ever realized how whining and complaining can just wear you down?  This behavior can either make or break a day.
I am a firm believer that you can break a whiner and you can instill gratitude with intentional practice.


The old saying that the "apple does not fall far from the tree" is quite accurate.
Are you a grateful person?


My mom is a woman who is often speaking thanksgiving and blessing and because it was ingrained in me at a young age I feel like I have the much the same attitude.  I saw it day in and out.  I heard it daily.  It was a natural thing.


www.cumchb.org/sermons/2009/090426_sermon.doc

You will find the above story interesting.  It tells of a man who puts a bracelet on in an attempt to keep it on the same wrist for 21 days straight.  If he complained he would have to switch wrists and start counting all over again. 
You could use any latex bracelet and write on it with a marker if you wanted.

You know what?  I think that it is worth a try!  Go get a bracelet for each member of the family and see what happens.  Yes it will be work...Yes it will take time to break a habit.  Yes you will do all those around you  a huge  favor if you are able to get your whining and complaining under control.

It simply draws our attention to something we don't even notice anymore.  
Come on !  Let's try it!
Ice cream sundae for the winner!!

Blessings!

No comments: