Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Look Me in the Eyes!

Let's talk about discipline one more time!

Oh how I understand that it IS day in and day out. 

I just want to remind you one more time how important eye to eye contact is.  When the children were little I would raise them up to sit on the counter or I would get down so I could see them face to face.  Discipline should not be done on the "fly"  It needs to be consistent and intentional.

You need to remember that just one time of not following through can set you back quite a ways in the child's believing that you mean what you say.  Many, many women that I talk to say that "this doesn't work and that doesn't work"  only because they have not been consistent in their efforts. 

It is NOT ODD that your child misbehaves.  In fact it is NORMAL!!.   The only time someone should be embarrassed is when their child continues to do the same bad behaviors over and over.  If that is the case something has gone wrong.   You can not get sloppy with your parenting.  It simply brings on rebellion, disrespect and confusion and these things will not get better with age but will simply root deeper.

Stay calm!  Don't let these 3 foot tall  people drive you to the brink of insanity! 
YOU ARE THE PARENT!!!   Say it after me :)  
 Give yourself a time-out, if you need one, and get your act together before you try to discipline your child.  Do not discipline out of anger.  Get a grip!
Once you are under control take the child aside and discipline according to the behavior and age.

Hey Ladies.....I would be more than happy to invite you all to Gilead's Balm for a Parenting Session and/or gather some girls and invite me over....It is easier to talk "face to face" as I said in the beginning!   Go to www.comeinandrest.com for contact info.

Blessings

No comments: