Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2011

Look Down!

Years ago I was present in a Sunday morning service where the Pastor was preaching on finding the  Lord's  ministry for your life.  It was very moving and as I stood there I asked the Lord as to what that was for me.  I heard Him, in my spirit, say:  "Look down".  
Now my small children were all around me and that was not what I wanted to hear.  I spoke;  "No Lord, I know that, but I'm talking about my MINISTRY."   "Look down".  This took place 3-4 times ( it is obvious that I am a slow learner)  but.... MY CHILDREN???   Now that just did not sound glamorous at all!!  "Lord!  I do that day in and day out.....I'm talking about my MINISTRY!!"


Well, all these years later, one thing I have learned is......Your children ARE your ministry.  That 18 (plus or minus) year  commitment needs to be done as whole heartedly as any ministry that you feel may be calling your name. 
Be careful not to add too much more to your plate during these years.  
Truly there will be a day when you will be looking back and  you will not regret the time and effort that you spent pouring into your children...You will also be sure to see plenty of instances that you could have done better or differently.  But once it's done   It's done.   This can be good ....This can be bad...


So today dear one... ponder this ministry that the Lord has you involved in.  NO ONE can do your job.  You hold the keys to your child's heart...use them wisely and with purpose.  Each day needs to be used the best way possible as you will never have it back again!


Blessings!  

No comments: